By: AnnMarie Scaramuzzino
After debuting some brand “New” material in Las Vegas over the weekend, Sir Paul McCartney has revealed the album artwork and bonus tracks for his forthcoming album.
Dubbed New, the LP will be McCartney’s first release of all-original material since 2007’s Memory Almost Full. The Standard Edition of the album will feature twelve tracks, including “Save Us,” “New,” and “Everybody Out There,” all of which McCartney performed at the iHeartRadio Music Festival on Saturday.
An additional two tracks will be available on the Deluxe Edition: “Turned Out” and “Get Me Out.”
“It's funny, when I play people the album they're surprised it's me,” McCartney said in an official press release. “A lot of the tracks are quite varied and not necessarily in a style you'd recognise as mine. I didn't want it to all sound the same. I really enjoyed making this album.”
New was produced by Paul Epworth, Mark Ronson, Giles Martin, Ethan Johns and Paul McCartney, and will be released on October 15.
Meanwhile, Sir Paul continues to perform in support of the album, and played a free show on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last night, which resulted in roughly 10,000 fans lining the streets of Los Angeles to catch a glimpse of the Rock and Roll icon on the roof of the El Capitan Theatre.
According to Entertainment Weekly, McCartney rocked Beatles classics such as “Magical Mystery Tour,” “Birthday,” “Lady Madonna,” “Let it Be,” “Day Tripper,” “Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da” and “Hey Jude,” as well as Wings tunes like “Band on the Run,” “Jet” and “Junior’s Farm” and tracks from his new album.
For more on Paul McCartney’s Jimmy Kimmel performance, click here, and head to the rocker’s official website for more updates!
- Save Us (produced by Paul Epworth)
- Alligator (produced by Mark Ronson)
- On My Way To Work (produced by Giles Martin)
- Queenie Eye (produced by Paul Epworth)
- Early Days (produced by Ethan Johns)
- New (produced by Mark Ronson with additional production by Giles Martin)
- Appreciate (produced by Giles Martin)
- Everybody Out There (produced by Giles Martin)
- Hosanna (produced by Ethan Johns)
- I Can Bet (produced by Giles Martin)
- Looking At Her (produced by Giles Martin)
- Road (produced by Paul Epworth)
13. Turned Out (produced by Ethan Johns with additional production by Giles Martin)
14. Get Me Out Of Here (produced by Giles Martin)