By: Ane Taylor
We think it's safe to say that Mick Jagger has lot of celebrating to do on his 70th birthday, and if his Rock and Roll reputation is any indication of the musician’s party habits, we’re sure he’ll find many—70, to be exact—ways to make his birthday memorable!
While the Rolling Stones just wrapped up their 50th anniversary celebrations, the party's just starting for Mick Jagger! To help out, we'll reflect on the Stones’ lead singer and seven of his many lifetime achievements:
- Between two marriages and four women, Jagger has seven children!
- Jagger allegedly wrote the song, “Angie,” for David Bowie’s wife, Angela Bowie, with whom Jagger supposedly had an affair. She denies it.
- Jagger’s not only on twenty covers of Rolling Stone magazine and a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he’s also a knight. Prince Charles knighted him in 2003 for his contributions to music. All hail, Sir Mick!
- On their “The Greatest: 100 Sexiest Artists,” VH1 voted Mick Jagger as the fourth sexiest artist in music history. Madonna, Elvis, and Jennifer Lopez came in right before him!
- As a solo artist Jagger has had 7 singles to make the Billboard Hot 100 chart, one for every child he has!
- 63 years ago, Jagger met Keith Richards for the first time in a sandbox at Wentworth County Primary School.
- Jagger’s net worth is estimated to be $300 billion and that’s definitely enough to celebrate 70 years of life!
Happy Birthday, Sir Mick! For more on the life and career of the Rolling Stones frontman, head to the band’s official website, and leave your birthday wishes for the rocker in the comments section below!