Sammy Hagar has revealed new guests to be added to tracks for his first solo album in five years, Sammy Hagar & Friends.
According to the official press release, the former Van Halen frontman recently recruited three legendary musicians to round out his much-anticipated collaboration LP, with Toby Keith, Mickey Hart and Taj Mahal all set to appear on the record.
New original songs from the album include “Knockdown Dragout,” which will feature Kid Rock Joe Satriani and Denny Carmassi and serve as the album’s first single, as well as “Not Going Down,” a song specifically written for Hagar by Jay Buchanan of Rival Sons and “All We Need Is An Island,” that will feature the talents of Mickey Hart and Nancy Wilson.
Additionally, the album will feature several cover songs, including revamped versions of Bob Seger’s, “Ramblin’ Gamblin Man,” Depeche Mode’s “Personal Jesus,” and Jimmy Buffet’s summer anthem, “Margaritaville.”
Sammy Hagar & Friends is set for release in the U.S. on September 24. Fans will also have the opportunity to purchase a CD/DVD deluxe edition of the album which will include the exclusive bonus track, “Space Station #5,” recorded live at the Ronnie Montrose Tribute Concert in 2012, as well a behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of the album and more.
On July 6, Hagar joined Toby Keith for Oklahoma’s Twisted Relief Concert to support the tornado victims. Pictures from the concert can be seen at Hagar’s Facebook page.
The Grammy-award winning vocalist also recently announced plans for his 2013 Birthday Bash, which will take place on October 9, 11 and 13 at the Cabo Wabo Cantina in Cabo San Lucas, MX.
For more on Sammy Hagar, including info on his upcoming events, follow him on Twitter (@SammyHagar) or visit his official website.
Sammy Hagar and Friends Tracklisting:
- Winding Down (with Taj Mahal)
- Not Going Down (with Bill Church & Denny Carmassi)
- Personal Jesus (with Neal Schon, Michael Anthony & Chad Smith)
- Father Sun (with Denny Carmassi & Aaron Hagar)
- Knockdown Dragout (with Kid Rock, Joe Satriani, Denny Carmassi)
- Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (with David Lauser, Mona Gnader & Vic Johnson)
- Bad On Fords and Chevrolets (with Ronnie Dunn, David Lauser, Mona Gnader & Vic Johnson)
- Margaritaville (with Toby Keith)
- All We Need Is An Island (with Nancy Wilson & Mickey Hart)
- Going Down (with Neal Schon, Michael Anthony & Chad Smith)
- Space Station #5 (with Denny Carmassi, Bill Church, Joe Satriani) Live from Ronnie Montrose Tribute**
** Exclusively available on Deluxe Edition CD