By: Amber Harvey
Steely Dan has added seven tour dates at New York City’s Beacon Theatre as the finale for their upcoming Mood Swings: 8 Miles To Pancake Day tour, which begins July 19th in Atlantic City, says the band’s website.
The series of concerts, which will be the last on Steely Dan’s 53-show tour, will get the the special setlist treatment that "garnered critical and audience raves in 2009 and 2011," says an official statement. This means that fans are in for one of three shows: Classic Albums—either Aja, Gaucho, or Royal Scam—Greatest Hits, or Audience Requests, where attendees are asked to submit their favorite Steely Dan when purchasing tickets.
The show schedule is as follows:
- Sep. 30 – New York, NY – Beacon Theatre – Aja – Plus Selected Hits
- Oct. 01 – New York, NY – Beacon Theatre – Greatest Hits Night
- Oct. 03 – New York, NY – Beacon Theatre – Royal Scam – Plus Selected Hits
- Oct. 04 – New York, NY – Beacon Theatre – Gaucho – Plus Selected Hits
- Oct. 05 – New York, NY – Beacon Theatre – Audience Request Night
- Oct. 07 – New York, NY – Beacon Theatre – Aja – Plus Selected Hits
- Oct. 08 – New York, NY – Beacon Theatre – Greatest Hits Night
Those outside of New York may be glad to hear that Los Angeles, Atlanta, Bristow, VA (DC) and Boston will be receiving the same special setlist treatment.
Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Donald Fagen and Walter Becker will be joined by back-up band the Bipolar All-Stars and vocalists the Borderline Brats: a combination the Chicago-Sun has described as being, “different… live… vibrant… a cascade of color,” says Steely Dan’s website.
If given the chance, what Fagen/Becker song would you request to hear live? Is it “Reelin’ In the Years,” “F.M.,” or “Rikki, Don’t Lose That Number”? Visit Steely Dan’s website for tour dates, ticket info and more, and be sure to share your answer with us in the comments section below!