By: Troy Frisby
Black Sabbath is offering their rabid fan base insider access to the making of their new album “13” before its scheduled release on June 11.
In three video segments, Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi and producer Rick Rubin discuss producing and recording an album that has been 35 years in the making.
According to the official press release, Sabbath’s latest studio album also marks a homecoming for the band, as they return to their original label Vertigo for the first time since 1978’s Never Say Die.
Last month, Black Sabbath unveiled the album’s lead-off single “God Is Dead?” The band will also perform their latest song “End of the Beginning” on the season finale of “CSI,” airing tomorrow (May 15) at 10pm on CBS.
The band’s North American tour will kick off in July, hitting Detroit and the East Coast in early August.
Here are those tour dates:
- Sunday, August 4 – Holmdel, New Jersey at PNC Bank Arts Center
- Tuesday, August 6 – Detroit, MI at DTE Energy Music Theater
- Thursday, August 8 – Uncasville, CT at Mohegan Sun Arena
- Saturday, August 10 – Philadelphia, PA at the Wells Fargo Center
- Monday, August 12 – Boston, MA at Comcast Center
For more tour dates, visit the band’s official website and click here to preview the band’s “CSI” performance!