Remember the last time you walked into a bar and didn’t hear “Pour Some Sugar On Me”?
Neither can we!
And we have Def Leppard to thank for that one! The hit party song was the 5th track on the band’s Hysteria, which was released today back in ’87.
So kick back as we “bite” into some cool facts about Hysteria on the celebration of its 26th anniversary!
- Hysteria followed Pyromania as the band’s fourth album and took an estimated $5 million to complete over the course of three years.
- The album went to the No.1 spot on the Billboard charts 49 weeks after its U.S. release.
- Hysteria, originally entitled "Animal Instinct," was renamed by drummer Rick Allen after his experience with the car accident which claimed his arm.
- The single “Love Bites” went to the No.1 Billboard singles spot and “Pour Some Sugar On Me” took the No. 2 spot.
- Hysteria spent a total of 133 weeks on the Billboard charts!
- In 2013, Def Leppard rerecorded all of the music from Hysteria and released it to iTunes after having a dispute with their former label regarding the digital rights to their catalog.
And the album certainly hasn’t lost its popularity of the years; Tom Cruise performed his own version of Leppard’s songs in the rock-opera flick Rock of Ages, which was in theaters last summer. Def Leppard also played a residency at The Joint inside the Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel and Casino called VIVA Hysteria! back in March and April, in which they performed music from the album.
If you’re craving even more Def Leppard, watch the videos below and let us know your favorite track from Hysteria in the comments section!