By: Mike Bober
Much like any normal parent, Jon Bon Jovi was pretty shaken up from his daughter’s drug overdose last month.
You'll remember his 19-year-old daughter Stephanie Bongiovi was hospitalized after being found unresponsive in a dorm room after a herion overdose on November 15th.
Bongiovi and her classmate were initially facing several drug-related offences following her OD, but the charges were later dropped.
The Bon Jovi frontman told the Associated Press (via Classic Rock Magazine) that he was “shocked as much as the next parent with this situation”.
So what is a parent to do after their child is hospitalized from a drug overdose? The rocker’s best advice is that “You surround them with the best help and love, and move on.”
He goes on to say that his daughter’s deep decline was so sudden that he never saw it coming but, he’s hopeful that catching her issues with drugs in the early stages will help prevent future incidents.
For more on the story, head to Classic Rock Magazine and share your thoughts in the comments section below!