Who does Neil Young think he is? Beyonce?!
Okay, Young probably doesn’t think he’s one of the biggest pop stars in the world, but he did just release a new album of covers with absolutely no marketing, just in time for Record Store Day.
Per Young’s official website, A Letter Home is being released on Jack White’s Third Man Records and is currently available for $20 at ThirdManStore.com. You can check out the track list below.
Young was originally scheduled to release a box set containing four albums (On The Beach, Tonight's The Night, Zuma and Time Fades Away) for Record Store Day, but he had to push back the release. While it wasn’t confirmed, many believe it was due to the success of Young’s Kickstarter campaign for his Pono Music project.
Neil Young’s A Letter Home – Track List
1. "Changes" (Phil Ochs)
2. "Girl From The North Country" (Bob Dylan)
3. "Needle of Death" (Bert Jansch)
4. "Early Morning Rain" (Gordon Lightfoot)
5. "Reason To Believe" (Tim Hardin)
6. "On The Road Again" (Willie Nelson)
7. "If You Could Only Read My Mind" (Gordon Lightfoot)
8. "Since I Met You Baby" (Ivory Joe Hunter)
9. "My Hometown" (Bruce Springsteen)
10. "I Wonder If I Care As Much" (Everly Brothers)