Faces fans may finally get to see the group playing again with Rod Stewart singing -- but will have to wait for 2015, at least.
In a new interview Stewart says that he and guitarist Ronnie Wood, currently committed to the Rolling Stones, are "ear-marking 2015" for some sort of Faces activity, though Stewart didn't say exactly what that would be.
Wood, keyboardist Ian McLagen and drummer Kenney Jones have played a few shows since 2010 with Simply Red's Mick Hucknall filling in for Stewart; Hucknall also had to join the group at the last minute for its 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction when Stewart missed the ceremony due to illness.
Earlier this year, Stewart told us that any Faces activity hinged on Wood's schedule with the Stones:
"I haven't heard from Woody for a month or two. I presume the Stones are finished, but you can never tell with that lot. We can't plan anything until Ronnie says they're not doing anymore, that they're retired or whatever. Then the window opens and we might be able to do something."
The Stones are gearing up for a Pacific Rim tour that starts February 21 in Abu Dhabi, while Stewart wraps up his latest North American tour on December 15 in Toronto, with his next Las Vegas residency starting April 2 at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace.