* Ted Nugent is alive and well, despite a Twitter death hoax campaign this week. The tweets can be found by searching #RIPTedNugent.
* Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band hit the road again February 27 in Toledo; tickets go on sale January 19. The group also plays March 5 in Grand Rapids but no Detroit area dates have been announced yet.
* Tickets for Yes' Triple-Header Tour stop April 12 at Detroit's Fox Theatre go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday (January 12).
* The Rolling Stones (Best Live Act) and Bruce Springsteen (Best International Male) are among the nominees for this year's Brit Awards, the U.K. equivalent of the Grammys. The ceremony takes place February 20 at London's O2 Arena.
* Montreux Jazz Festival founder Claude Nobs, the "Funky Claude" of Deep Purple`s "Smoke on the Water," has passed away at the age of 76 in Switzerland
* Sam Coulson has been named Asia's new guitarist, replacing Steve Howe. The British musician is well known in the guitar instructional scene and as a session player. A new Asia album, "Valkyrie," is due later this year.